This article will help explain the new Squore support process using the new Vector infrastructure.
What's new in this process ?
- Mantis is replaced by Vector Customer Portal or e-mails.
- New release notification system with RSS Feed.
How to contact Squore support ?
- Send an e-mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don't forget to specify to which product your request is related to, i.e Squore.
Using the Vector Customer Portal
- In your web browser go to the following URL : https://portal.vector.com/
- Click "Sign In" to connect to the portal. (In case of first connection, click "Create Account" and follow the steps, the account will be created in the following).
- Once connected, in the "Home" tab, click "Create New Support Request".
Fill the necessary fields and click "Submit".
Vector Customer Portal is also accessible from the Vector website, https://www.vector.com/, in "Support & Downloads>Vector Customer Portal".
Once you have contacted the support, whether by mail or via the Customer Portal, a ticket is created on Vector side. You will then be notified of the Squore support team answer vie e-mail. To which you can reply, either via e-mail or through the Vector Customer Portal in "Home>Your Support Request".
How to exchange files with Squore support ?
Temporary exchange of small files
- You can include files in the e-mail request when first contacting Squore support or when replying to an open case e-mail.
- You can also include files when creating a ticket or when replying to an open case from the Vector Customer Portal.
Temporary exchange of big files
- If files are too big for being exchanged via e-mail or in the Vector Customer Portal, support agent can create a Quick Share Portal.
- A Quick Share Portal is temporary and can be password protected. It will enable both support and customer to upload and download files for exchange.
- Just ask the support agent in the open case for creation of such portal.
Permanent exchange file area
- If necessary, an exchange file area can be created in your Vector Customer Portal account.
- Having an account in the Vector Customer Portal is therefore mandatory.
- Just ask the support agent in an open case for creation of such area, or create a new request.
How to download Squore installers ?
From Vector website
- In your web browser, go to the Vector website : https://www.vector.com/
- Go in "Support & Downloads>Downloads>Service Packs".
- To narrow the search, click on "Filters", then in "Filters>Product" select Squore.
- Latest patches for all supported branches is always available on the Vector website.
- If you need to download an older patch release, or a specific version release patch, contact the Squore support, either via e-mail or via the Vector Customer Portal.
How do I know a new patch has been released ?
Subscribe to Squore RSS feed
- In your web browser, go to the following URL : https://www.vector.com/int/en/support-downloads/downloads/service-packs/rss-feeds/.
- Right click on "Squore Service Packs", then "Copy link address".
Then use this link in your favorite RSS feed reader/manager.
For example in Outlook, go in "Account Settings", tab "RSS Feeds" then "New...", and copy-paste the copied linked for Squore RSS feed.
For more information on RSS feeds : What is an RSS feed ?